CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

JCPENNEY and friends...

So my wonderful mother calls me tuesday to inform me that JCPenney was going to offer five $1000 scholarships to those who competed. Those who entered had to write a two page paper on one part of the store that needed improvement and how they were going to implement a plan to make it better. Well, my roommate all weekend had been asking me about ideas on how to make shopping better and I was spilling my ideas, oblivious to the scholarship. After putting two and two together, I realized this scholarship my mom told me about was the same one I had been helping my roommate with all weekend! So after coming up with this random idea in about two seconds, I wrote this paper with a crazy idea I came up with involving a 3G network and an inventory moniter in every department (I gave all of my plausible ideas to my roommate, which I couldn't use). Needless to say, I was one of the five winners, and so was my roommate! Out of 1500 applicants! What are the odds!

So to present us the scholarship, they held a very nice dinner for the winners at the Muesuem of Natural History and the Butterfly Musuem. It was a $1oo dinner...steak, pasta, etc. Very nice. Not to mention I sat with the the top man of Macy's and a guy who is head of Mall at Milinea. He gave me a free valet pass the next time I go because we talked about how great the mall was. Sorry this post was so long..just thought I would share all the interesting events of the night! We also won our intermurral softball game tonight! UNDEFEATED! Here are some pics...

Roomie and I before dinner...






Some of the Butterflies...


All of the Cocoons hanging...

No comments:

Post a Comment